Racing begins at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning as forty teams consisting of 20 paddlers each battle to be the best in their division. The breast cancer survivor ceremony will be held at approximately 12:00 p.m. Division finals will be taking place all afternoon. The awards ceremony will be held around 3:00 p.m.
Friday, June 21
- 4 – 7 p.m. Check-In/Tent Set-up
Saturday, June 22
- 7:15 a.m. Captain’s Meeting/Opening Ceremony
- 7:30 a.m. Opening Ceremony
- 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Kids Crafts & Face Painting in the Kids Tent
- 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Balloons by Kevin
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Exaggerated Entertainment Caricaturists in the Community Tent
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Inflatables
- 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The Magic of Isaiah, two mini shows in the Community Tent at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- 12:00 p.m. Breast Cancer Survivor Ceremony
- 3:00 p.m. Team Medals & Awards Presentation
For fans and spectators of the event
- Each team will have its own “campsite” at Copeland Park.
- The teams will compete beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday.
- There will be plenty of space for spectators to watch and cheer on their favorite teams.
- Dragon boat memorabilia such as shirts, hats, and jewelry will be available for purchase.
- Information stations and volunteers will be available throughout the park for anyone who has questions.
- There will be onsite food and drinks available for purchase.
- There will be activities, inflatables and a playground for kids.
- Follow the Big Blue Dragon Boat Festival event on Mayo Clinic Health System’s Facebook page for event updates
- Race results will be shared via text alerts. Text bigblue2018 to 555888 to receive text messages.
- Please park in the Big Blue Dragon Parking located at Veteran’s Freedom Park (across the Black River) or in the streets near Copeland Park. Parking Map
- For visitors needing assistance with walking, they can be dropped off by the baseball field entrance.
- Copeland Park Drive will be closed from approximately 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 22, until 4 p.m. Boathouse owners will have limited access on Saturday.
- A shuttle will run between the Big Blue Dragon Parking at Veterans Freedom Park and the Loggers Stadium from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 22. From 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., the shuttle will run every 15 minutes. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., the shuttle will run every 30 minutes.
- Boat traffic may be limited on the Black River near Copeland Park.
- La Crosse Loggers
- Cabin Coffee
- Big Mama’s Gyros
- Root River Kettle Korn
- Missy’s Ice Cream
- Ice Cold Refreshments
- Prairie Produce
- The Big Blue Dragon Boat Festival will happen rain or shine. If thunderstorms move through, racing will be suspended until it’s safe to be back out on the water.