Racing begins at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning with up to 40 teams consisting of 20 paddlers each battling to be the best in their division. The breast cancer survivor ceremony will be held at approximately 12:00 p.m. Division finals will be taking place all afternoon. The awards ceremony will be held around 3:00 p.m.
Friday, June 21
- 4 – 7 p.m. Check-In/Tent Set-up
Saturday, June 22
- 7:15 a.m. Captain’s Meeting/Opening Ceremony
- 7:30 a.m. Opening Ceremony
- 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Kids Crafts & Face Painting in the Kids Tent
- 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Balloons by Kevin
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Exaggerated Entertainment Caricaturists in the Community Tent
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Inflatables
- 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The Magic of Isaiah, two mini shows in the Community Tent at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. Breast Cancer Survivor Ceremony
- 2:30 p.m. Team Medals & Awards Presentation
For fans and spectators of the event
- Each team will have its own “campsite” at Copeland Park.
- The teams will compete beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday.
- There will be plenty of space for spectators to watch and cheer on their favorite teams.
- Dragon boat memorabilia such as shirts, hats, and jewelry will be available for purchase.
- Information stations and volunteers will be available throughout the park for anyone who has questions.
- There will be onsite food and drinks available for purchase.
- There will be activities, inflatables and a playground for kids.
- Follow the Big Blue Dragon Boat Festival event on Mayo Clinic Health System’s Facebook page for event updates
- Race results will be shared via text alerts. Text bigblue2018 to 555888 to receive text messages.
- Please park in the Big Blue Dragon Parking located at Veteran’s Freedom Park (across the Black River) or in the streets near Copeland Park. Parking Map
- For visitors needing assistance with walking, they can be dropped off by the baseball field entrance.
- Copeland Park Drive will be closed from approximately 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 22, until 4 p.m. Boathouse owners will have limited access on Saturday.
- A shuttle will run between the Big Blue Dragon Parking at Veterans Freedom Park and the Loggers Stadium from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 22. From 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., the shuttle will run every 15 minutes. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., the shuttle will run every 30 minutes.
- Boat traffic may be limited on the Black River near Copeland Park.
- La Crosse Loggers
- Cabin Coffee
- Big Mama’s Gyros
- Root River Kettle Korn
- Missy’s Ice Cream
- Ice Cold Refreshments
- Prairie Produce
- The Big Blue Dragon Boat Festival will happen rain or shine. If thunderstorms move through, racing will be suspended until it’s safe to be back out on the water.